Frequenlty Asked Question (FAQ) - Coffee News of Dupage County, Illinois
 
What is area circulation?
Coffee News® is strategically located wherever people are waiting for service. Look for us everywhere from fine dining to fast food. 70% of our locations are restaurants, delis, coffee houses, etc. Everywhere people grab a bite to eat or enjoy a cup of coffee. The remaining 30% are distributed to places were people are known to wait such as car washes, oil and lube changes and doctors offices.
 
Can I subscribe to Coffee News®?
You cannot currently subscribe to Coffee News®. It is a free publication distributed primarily at restaurants or any other place where you might have some time to read while waiting.
 
Our Advertisers

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

How often do you publish and where are you distributed?
New issues are distributed weekly to restaurants, delis, coffeehouses, etc. Its purpose is to provide POSITIVE, ENJOYABLE reading to those waiting for their meals (seen by a high number of readers 3 meals a day!) or relaxing over a cup of coffee. With Coffee News®, there is no BAD news - only trivia, fun facts, local events, and other fun things that draw attention (like the chance to win cash each month). To see the locations where you can pick up a copy of Coffee News®, visit the distribution area of this web site.
 
How long has Coffee News® been in existence?
Coffee News® was originally researched and founded by Jean Daum in Winnipeg, Canada in 1988. It has grown to over 1000 locations worldwide!
 
What's the monthly contest all about?
Each week the Coffee News® Guy is hidden in two of the ads. A drawing is held every month for a prize winner of cash. This has proven to be very popular contest around the world. This contest is great for the advertisers as well, as it encourages readers to look through all of the ads in order to find the "Coffee News® Guy"!
 
Can restaurants advertise in Coffee News®?
No. As a courtesy to all our restaurant and coffee shop clients in the area, we offer the protection that no business in the restaurant industry will be allowed to advertise in Coffee News®. Although most restaurants would love to have an ad, they are disallowed automatically. The reason -- a Burger King ad in Coffee News®, for example, would have every McDonald's refusing to carry Coffee News®. No restaurant would welcome their competitor's efforts to take away their customers right inside their own premises, so they would naturally kick them out -- and Coffee News® too. We do offer restaurants carrying Coffee News® a free location listing on our web site showing our readers where they can pick up a free copy of Coffee News®.
 
How much is an ad?
Ads in Coffee News® are less expensive than other print media, so the small business person can easily afford to advertise. You can advertise in Coffee News® for a fraction of the cost of other media! So unless another company in your "category" of business is already advertising in the edition, it is open to you. Remember all ads in Coffee News® are “EXCLUSIVES”, meaning we only allow one type of business in each edition, allowing our advertisers to LOCK OUT their competition - unlike any other publication in town!
 
Why do you recommend that the ad run for at least 17 weeks?
A good ad is like a seed for a fruit tree. Repetition is its water. Weekly consistency is its sunlight. The longer your seed is allowed to grow in the mind of the public, the greater and greater your harvests will be. What size harvests do you want to see?
 
How do I pay for the ad?
Billing can be done monthly or annually. We accept, MasterCard & Visa as well as checks.
 
Do I need to design the ad?
No.. No.. we'll work with you to create one. There maybe a small design charge but we can produce an ad for you.
 
Can I change an ad now and then?
Yes, you can. There is never a charge for minor ad changes, which may be e-mailed or hardcopy delivered.
 
How do I get started?
Just call us at 630.827.9230 and we can set a time to meet. In order to save time, you may also work with us entirely over the phone. Our one-page agreement will come to you via email attachment. Email us your logos, photos or any image graphic components to us at info@coffeenewsillinois.com. We will create your ad based on your requirements and who your target readers are. We will email you the ad proofs to approve or modify. Once this is all done, your ad is ready for the next publication!